-:: Reason to Live ::- -:: Reason to Live ::-

You know those times when something appears at just the right moment? This song sure did. I've been in a very long battle with depression and I'm fighting like crazy to overcome it. In recent years, it's receded significantly, but in times when it hits, it hits hard. But I fight it because of the dreams and ambitions I have that would die with me if I ever chose to give up.

This song came at just the right time because very recently I felt that familiar drive reawaken. Time to remember that there's a reason to press on!

I always enjoy your music! Look forward to seeing what you'll create in the future!

Agitat0r responds:

Thank you for the review. Music and art can speak unspeakable words to the people who in need. I'm very glad this song could relieve and help you out. One of many reasons I wrote the track is to tell myself that life is worth fighting for. Everyday, I woke up and first thing I ask myself why God, why me? Shits just hit the fan. Many things to worry about. From not getting starved to paying rent monthly. You gotta face it. Else you would end up in a curb and die alone. That's the reality we all face, and why no matter what I would punch myself to get up every morning.

I can relate with everyday average John and Jane such as many users here more than other rich ass musicians who own a massive studio while making grands out of shit music. I'm you and we are each other. There is a reason I'm still a dirt poor NG user and not some rich film composer. I choose passion that worth fighting for, not the one which being picked by money.

So my advice to you, and to all, is to keep fighting. Give yourself a reason, or even an excuse to get out of the bed. I wish you best of luck in life. Don't ever give up, no matter what.

If you need somebody to talk to, you can PM me and we arrange a private chat room or Skype. :)

Threnody for Innocence Threnody for Innocence

I'm not in any form a music composer, I'm simply writing a review from an emotional standpoint, I don't feel it's my place to critique the composition.

I really like this type of music, not because I take pleasure in feeling emptiness or sadness, but because it always makes me feel connected to every other human being on the planet, because this is a feeling each and every one of us can understand.

The cruel reality stems from leaving an enchanted world of childhood and going to bills, stress, hatred, fear and monotony. The good that may come seems to be painfully temporary and the points between those feeling are filled with negativity. Those of us that keep going are always desperately looking for those little times that make us feel happy. They are way too rare, and all of us deserve better.

Going back to that connection I feel with the world, I've found that the happiest people who never have to grow up and never dread work have felt this despair in their life. These sad emotions should never be the reason to lose sight of life, they should be the key to understanding each other, and working together to work past the tough parts and achieve happiness.

We can't regain our innocence of childhood, but we can definitely overcome how tough our grown lives are and feel that genuine happiness many of us were convinced we missed long ago. Maybe it takes a helping hand, or maybe it's as simple as knowing you're never alone.

Also, to you and Dem0lecule. I love you guy's work, both collab and individual, and I look forward to every new song. :)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you so much for the wonderful and lengthy review. You've shown to us that you really understand the emotions we put behind the piece, as well as the intention we had with them. You don't need to be a composer to leave a great review, of which you totally are a perfect example right in this moment.

"I really like this type of music, not because I take pleasure in feeling emptiness or sadness, but because it always makes me feel connected to every other human being on the planet..."

=> I feel the same. Music that portrays strong emotions of any kinds, are always my favorite. There is little as important to me, as understanding and feeling both your own emotions, as well as the emotions of those around you. And music is indeed a wonderful way for people to connect, and a person, such as you, with a good understanding of the emotion in art, can get closer to understanding and feeling the same as the artist during creation. That said, it's also important that everyone is allowed a free interpretation and personalization of every track, as ultimately, it's the meaning that it holds to every individual listener that is important.

It's definitely quite an adaption that's required for a person to transition to adulthood, after having had little to no real responsibility, and the person may have been focused more in his/her own little bubble of a world. I mean, I realized pretty early on that even though I live in one of the safest places on earth, there are others around me who face horrors every day. But the older I get, the more strongly it affects me. And being rather good at reading people myself, I've noticed that there is a severe lack of really happy people around nowadays. Because life isn't all about happiness, even though it may be about achieving it. I guess it's about the struggle to get there, in a sense. Of course, not everyone has happiness as a goal. But I would say that I have it. And I already am happy, believe it or not. But I'd like to keep that happiness as an adult as well, but seeing so many people around me with hardships of so many kinds, it gets difficult.

"These sad emotions should never be the reason to lose sight of life..."

=> Couldn't agree more. While this song is intentionally focused more on the darker aspects (you kind of need to focuse on certain aspects when you want to create something solid), we've both included several happy emotions here and there, especially the one of "hope". To an extent, I'd say that several sections are fighting between disbelief and the hard truth, as well as a refusal to accept it, within themselves. We want to believe that there is good in this world. And we should. Because why else would we even really want to live?

The most powerful sorrow is the one that is surrounded by other, more positive emotions. If you want to achieve a really powerful momentary happy effect, you start by dragging people down into sorrow. And after that, you really lift them up to an extreme. Same goes for the other way around. A perfect example of what I mean is "The King of the Pride Rock" from The Lion King. I recommend you to listen to that piece, if you haven't already.
Of course, I also recommend that you listen to the two compositions that were the main inspirations behind this track as well; "Return" and "For Love is strong as Death" by Phonometrologist. If you like tracks that display emotion, I'm sure those would be among your favorites, as they are among mine.

I also agree that we can learn to deal with our adult lives. Part of me feels like rebelling because I want more freedom to do what I want, like composing music and watching anime. But the realistic part of me knows that there are certain things you just have to do. That said, I will always keep them in a healthy balance. I aim to never lose my inner child completely, as without it, I'd be lost for direction. But as for me, I just want to assure you that I am a rather happy person, even though I tend to think a lot about life and about the world, and people, which in turn allows me to be a part of writing tracks like these, despite the fact that in the end, I have nothing to complain about.

Those last words you wrote are really encouraging, and is a huge part of why we keep writing music. While the most important thing is that we ourselves enjoy the music we create, it's always wonderful to know that other people take solace or enjoyment in our music as well.

Thanks again for this review; it made my day, and I'm sure it made dem0lecule's day as well.